Monday 22 August 2011

The Lord of the Seas falls!

So after some Peco farming and a quick Rathian kill I finally upgraded my trusty Plume Flint into the mighty Peco Flint! 
It... doesn't really look much different BUT it's got some major damage difference and is a very effective weapon against monsters who are weak to fire such as the Royal Ludroth, Lagiacrus and Gigginox. Straight after I picked up this weapon after some farming I decided to try it out on the Gigginox!
The gigginox is a litte-bit-more-than-creepy little critter who's got some poison-producing organs in its belly which it uses to hunt its prey and (annoyingly) fight back against us hunters. It's head looks exactly like its anus except its head has teeth. Its head is very stretchy and it uses this to its advantage by swinging it around. It can also use its sticky hands to climb on the walls and ceiling.
So back to the point I wielded my new hammer and beat the sh*t out of it. It fell after 13 minutes of relentless bashing and gave me the item I wanted: the Pale Extract.
I wanted the Pale Extract because when you combined it with the item, Demondrug (Might Seed + Catalyst) it made a Mega Demondrug which, along with some other Peco materials, gets you your first Fire Element sword, the Qurupeco Chopper! Haven't used it properly yet but I will as soon as I can.
So, as for the title of this blog. After using my old Plume Flint to repel the Lagiacrus on one of the urgent quests and defeating Rathian, I unlocked the option to fight the mighty Lord of the Seas to the death!

And using my Peco Flint, it met its fiery end! Now I have to capture it in the narrow water passages of the Flooded Forest which is proving to be harder than killing it.
I've also been doing some online quests with my fellow ONMer Noodle Link who has his own blog I recommend you check out.
Eventually I'll be writing a review on this game so be sure to hang around.
Phew, that was a long update. See you soon guys!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work there. I've only just finished the quest where you have to repel Lagi. I like how this blog is actually more of a blog than any other videogame-based Blogger account, mine included, that I've seen. I hope to see you online soon dood!

    Also, comments on my posts would be greatly appreciated. You comment and I'll comment back, quite simply. Looking forward to seeing what your review's like, I certainly won't be doing mine for a while! xD

    ReplyDelete